Reiki 1 Class
Learn Authentic Reiki — Reiki I Training and Certification
In this Highly Acclaimed Usui Reiki 1 Class (Reiki First Degree) you will learn the original Usui Reiki system, in its complete and authentic form and as further expanded by John Harvey Gray.
Reiki was discovered by Mikao Usui, a scholar from Kyoto, Japan in the 1920s. It was passed down to Chujiro Hayashi, a medical doctor, who trained Hawayo Takata, the Japanese-American woman who introduced Reiki to the United States. Mrs. Takata trained John Harvey Gray, who became the longest-practicing Reiki Master Teacher in the United States.
Your Reiki instructor, Lourdes Gray received her entire Reiki training from her husband John Harvey Gray. Lourdes has taught over 1,200 Reiki classes and trained more than 15,000 Reiki practitioners over the course of the last 20 years.
Reiki (pronounced “ray-key”), is the Japanese word for “Universal Life Energy.” This energy is all around us and we can channel it.
The Reiki energy flows through the hands of the trained practitioner and into the person, animal or plant being treated, enhancing and accelerating the natural healing processes in the body. Reiki is used to relieve stress and promote deep states of relaxation. Reiki intends to put the body in its optimal state to promote its own healing. Reiki can thus help balance the spirit, relieve pain and promote wellbeing.
In this Reiki 1 Training you will learn:
- How to confidently deliver effective Reiki treatments for yourself, family, friends, and pets.
- How to bring healing comfort and calm to any condition, physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual
- How to treat long-standing health conditions using 3 easy-to-learn Reiki patterns
- How to use Reiki to improve immune function
- How to use Reiki to reduce and eliminate stress, tension and pain
- How to treat recent injuries via a 2-step Reiki protocol. Using this protocol injuries can heal in 1/3 of the normal time.
- How to use Reiki to prepare someone for surgery (prepare their mind and body to avoid internalizing the trauma, in order to heal faster.)
- How to customize each Reiki treatment to fit anyone’s (human or animal) needs so it can be the most effective treatment for them.
- How to scan the human energy field and chakras (energy centers) for balance and vitality and use this information during the Reiki treatment.
- The relationship between chakras and emotions and how these affect the body.
- How to charge and cleanse crystals with Reiki and use them for balancing the chakras.
- How to give Reiki to yourself. (We’ll help you design a Reiki self-treatment protocol just for you.)
- How to give a Reiki treatment to someone who is sitting in a chair (not everyone may be able to lie down comfortably).
- How to give Reiki treatments to pets, e.g., dogs, cats and horses as well as to plants in your garden. This class includes Animal Reiki Level 1.
- The history of Reiki and enjoy a beautiful slide presentation on the lives and works of Mikao Usui, Chujiro Hayashi, Hawayo Takata and John Harvey Gray.
“The training I received…was outstanding. Each of the two-day courses (Reiki I, II, and Advanced) brought me deeply into the energy and provided answers to every question. The second day not only provided new information, but allowed for a deepening of the energies…and more time to practice. It was transforming! Lourdes Gray is the best teacher I could ever have asked for.” — Susan Moscariello
Our Reiki 1 Class Will Provide You with The Knowledge, Experience And Confidence To Give Reiki To Yourself And Others.
- Through well organized Reiki lectures, clear and thorough Reiki demonstrations, and ample supervised Reiki hands-on practice time, you will quickly and easily learn how to bring healing comfort and calm to long-standing conditions as well as to recent injuries.
- You will learn how to scan the human energy field and chakras (energy centers) for balance and vitality and use this information during the Reiki treatment. You will learn about relationship between chakras and emotions, how these affect the body, and how to use Reiki to restore their balance.
- You will receive the Four Original Reiki I Attunements, which will enable you to channel the Reiki energy for the rest of your life. The original Reiki attunement process automatically protects you from picking up negative energy from your clients as well as from depleting your own personal energy while giving Reiki.
- You will receive FREE Continuing Support after the class. As a student of Lourdes’ Reiki 1 Class, you will receive unlimited continuing support for as long as you need — free of charge. You will be able to contact Lourdes Gray directly by email or phone any time a question arises during your Reiki practice.
“Lourdes’ teaching style is clear, patient, and concise – and she delivers the same information exactly as she learned from her husband, John. Furthermore, Lourdes is great with support after the class – always returning emails with answers. I currently practice on the Reiki team at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and feel I couldn’t have been better prepared under another Reiki Master.” — Debbie Goodwin, Lebanon, NH
No prior experience is necessary in order to learn Reiki.
Two-Day Classes: Our Unique Advantage
Reiki training is not standardized. It is passed down as an oral tradition and varies widely from teacher to teacher. There are no licensing or regulation requirements for teaching Reiki.
Some Reiki teachers teach a highly condensed version of Reiki, (e.g., Reiki I and 2 in a single weekend). The concern with this approach is that essential Reiki information, knowledge and much needed supervised practice time are not being provided for the student because of time constrains. Very often, students leave these classes unsure, confused and feeling incomplete. They later say that something was “missing” from their training.
Our Reiki 1 Class provides authentic Usui Reiki training taught with “no-cut corners” in the same manner Hawayo Takata and John Harvey Gray taught in their Reiki classes.
By offering our Reiki 1 training as a two-day class, we are able to preserve the original and full Reiki teachings, and transfer the knowledge completely to you. Our two-day Reiki training (which is true to the original Usui Reiki System) assures that you will develop the level of knowledge, skill, and confidence necessary to use Reiki effectively.
You will have plenty of time for supervised hands-on practice, receive lots of individual attention, learn exercises that will quickly develop your intuition, learn how to scan the aura and chakras with your hands and understand their significance in a Reiki session, and much more. All your questions will be answered! — our typical student-teacher ratio is approximately 2:1.
“Lourdes not only taught the classes, she became a lifetime mentor and friend. I highly recommend to anyone searching for a teacher to call the Center and register for her two day Reiki classes. I know you will be properly trained and will enjoy [doing] Reiki!” — Linda Manning
“Awesome program. Got so much more out of this program than I thought I would – (after taking Reiki I previously as a 1 day program.)” — Robin Archer, RN, Marshfield, MA
Your Instructor Reiki Master Teacher Lourdes Gray
John Harvey Gray trained his wife, Lourdes Gray, who currently serves as the Director of the John Harvey Gray Center for Reiki Healing.
A highly charismatic and gifted teacher, Lourdes Gray personally teaches all the classes at the John Harvey Gray Center. Lourdes has taught over 1,200 Reiki classes and has trained more than 15,000 Reiki students alone and/or with John Harvey Gray over the last 20 years. Lourdes will gently guide you forward on your Reiki path.
Together, John and Lourdes wrote their best selling book Hand To Hand, a favorite with both experienced Reiki practitioners and students alike.
“If you are thinking about learning about Reiki, look no further! I have attended everyone of Lourdes Gray‘s classes and in my opinion you will not find any better or complete instruction! When you leave her class you will know and understand Reiki! Two years later, if I have a question I contact Lourdes and she responds within 24 hours!” — Pam Thivierge, Reiki Master, Certified Crystal
What Is Included In This Class
Your class materials include a Reiki 1 Class Manual, a detailed class manual (retail value $39), a beautiful Reiki 1 Certificate ready for framing, and a FREE Emotionality in The Chakras Audio CD by John Harvey Gray (Retail value $14.95).
Enjoy listening to John share with you, in his own words, his groundbreaking theory of emotionality in the chakras. Allow him to guide you on his beautiful chakra balancing meditation to help bring balance and healing to your chakras and emotions.
“I am so happy that I did my research before I chose where I would take my Reiki 1 course. I was looking for…someone who taught with reverence for the history and background of the practice. I found all of that and more upon walking into Lourdes’ class last weekend.” — Annette Bennett Mather